Protecting your hair piece while you sleep to increase its lifespan is very important.
Here are our 5 best tips for protecting your hair piece while you sleep:
- If you wear a human hair glueless wig, make sure you rest it on a wig stand. This is to keep the shape and form of the wig and to protect the hair.
- If you wear a fixed human hair piece, such as weaves, frontals or closures, sleep with your hair in a loose bun or plait. This way, the ends of your hair extensions are protected and your hair will stay shinier for longer. Sleeping with a hair net or scarf will also protect your hair from friction and breakage.
- The latest luxury trend that helps against hair breakage and friction is silk pillowcases. Silk helps to prevent split and ends and that bed-head look in the mornings. Another desirable benefit, which every woman want, is that silk prevents wrinkles and help retain skin moisture for that royal glow. Silk, unlike satin, helps your hair and skin to breath while sleeping, making sure you look and feel refreshed in the morning.
- Another very important tip is to dry your hair properly before bedtime. Sleeping with wet hair is a big no-no! Wet hair is fragile and can easily lose elasticity, and break.
- Give your hair a good brush from scalp to tip with your hair extension or boar bristle brush before you hit the pillows (preferably silk pillows may we add).
- Also consider reading: The importance of using the correct products on your hair extensions
Sleep tight… xoxo